CEBN is Seeking a New Program Associate
July 7, 2020 | Andy Barnes, Program Manager, Clean Energy Business Network
NOTE: First round applications are closed, and finalists have been notified. We are keeping this page available for finalists to return and review the position requirements and benefits.
Are you an early career professional (or career changer) seeking interesting, meaningful work? Would you enjoy helping small businesses thrive, learning more about government policy and energy markets, and protecting the environment? If so, then you may be a great fit for the Clean Energy Business Network team!
The position: The Clean Energy Business Network is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization serving as the small business voice for the clean energy economy. We work to enhance opportunities for small and midsize clean energy companies through policy support, market and technology education, and business development assistance. Learn more about our history and mission.
We are seeking a full-time Program Associate to perform a range of communications, policy, business development, and administrative functions. We are a small, tightknit team offering a friendly and supportive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and rewarding, mission-driven work. This is a full-time employee (not independent contractor) position.
Job duties (training will be provided):
- Drafting content and making technical edits to newsletters, social media, and website
- Maintaining a database of funding opportunities for clean energy technology research, development, and deployment
- Researching and recruiting companies for policy campaigns and membership
- Email and phone communications with existing members and partners
- Assistance on policy campaigns, such as setting up advocacy letters and scheduling policymaker meetings/calls
- Logistical support on events, such as drafting invitations and coordinating with speakers
- Administrative tasks such as member database management
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or higher; valid, current legal authorization to work in U.S.
Key attributes: We are looking for a team member who is highly-motivated, adaptable, and capable of quickly learning new skills and juggling multiple projects. A background in energy, policy, business, or the environment is helpful but not essential, as you will learn on the job.
Salary and benefits: Annual base salary ranges from $34,000-39,000 based on number of years of experience post-grad. (Gross compensation with benefits outlined below comes to approximately $41,000-$46,000/year.) Position will be awarded initially on a 6-month contract and then considered for extension after this time based on performance and budget.
Benefits available immediately:
- $300/month health insurance stipend
- 2 weeks’ paid time off annually
- Metro commuter benefits (when in-person work resumes)
- FTE (rather than contractor) status – we pay half your Social Security and Medicare taxes
Benefits added after 6 months:
- 401k with employer match, an online retirement planning tool, and choices for both traditional and ESG (environment, social, governance) options
- Monthly cell phone bill paid by us
- Friendly, collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Flexible schedules and accommodating to periodic teleworking (when in-person work resumes)
- Constant on-the-job training and opportunities for professional growth
Timing: Position is available in late July/early August. We will notify all applicants when the position has been filled.
Location: For the time being, all work will be performed remotely. Candidates should either be based in Washington DC or willing to relocate once the COVID-19 epidemic subsides. Our office is in the McPherson Square neighborhood of DC.
Equal opportunity employer: CEBN embraces a diversity of thought, culture, and background across our staff and broader professional community. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and the needs of our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, political ideology, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.