The Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR), known as “America’s Seed Fund,” provides nondilutive grants to small businesses to help them develop and commercialize technology innovations. Are you working on your application for the Department of Energy’s latest SBIR/STTR release, or considering applying? In collaboration with the American-Made Program, Power Connectors may support DOE by providing recruitment, outreach, mentorship, and training to help new and existing applicants succeed across the continuum of DOE-funded innovation programs. Check out the water and solar resources!
See below for a list of upcoming and past events specifically related to the current DOE SBIR/STTR solicitation (FY23 Phase 1 Release 2).
Power Connector Events
- Various Dates: Office Hours – University of Arizona Center for Innovation (UACI)
- December 6, 2022, 11am ET – Overview of the FOA and Preparing Your LOI – UACI
- December 8, 2022, 4pm ET – Why Apply to DOE SBIR/STTR Funding Opportunities? – Entrepreneur Futures Network (EFN)
- December 12, 2022, 1pm ET – SETO and WPTO SBIR Opportunity Overview – ADL Ventures
- December 13, 2022, 11am ET – Writing Your Proposal and Evaluation Criteria– UACI
- December 13, 2022, 2pm ET – DOE SBIR Topics and LOI Elements – New Mexico State University Arrowhead Center (NMSU)
- Meet all the Power Connectors! December 14, 2022, all day – New Mexico Innovation Summit – hosted by NMSU
- December 15, 2022, 1pm ET – Get Ready to Apply to DOE SBIR/STTR Funding Opportunities – EFN
- January 3, 2023, 11am ET – Legal Process and Data Rights – UACI
- January 12, 2023, 11:30am ET – Fundamentals of Application Process: SETO and WPTO SBIR – ADL
- January 13, 2023, 11am ET – Commercialization Workshop: Product Market Fit – UACI
- January 19, 2023, 2:30pm ET – Hydropower Grant Informational Webinar – ADL Ventures
- January 20, 2023, 2:30pm ET – Commercialization Workshop: Business Basics – UACI
- January 24, 2023, 2pm ET- DOE SBIR Proposal Elements– NMSU
- January 27, 2023, 2:30pmET – Commercialization Workshop: Operational Experience – UACI
- February 3, 2023, 2:30pm ET – Commercialization Workshop: Funding Strategy – UACI
- March 3, 2023, 1pm ET – Utilizing SBIR to Scale Toward Success – ADL
- SETO SBIR/STTR Topics Webinar – The Solar Energy Technologies Office hosted a webinar on the solar-focused topics/sub-topics for this SBIR/STTR release. Watch the recording here; password “9fZV3g3p.”
- WPTO SBIR/STTR Topics Webinar – The Water Power Technologies Office hosted a webinar on the waterpower-focused topics/sub-topics in the Nov. 7 SBIR/STTR release. The recording will be available here.
- DOE Topics Webinar 1 – Hear from Topic Managers on the Cybersecurity, Energy, Security, and Emergency Response (CESER); Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (NNSA); Electricity (OE); Environmental Management (EM); and Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (FECM) topics 1-9 and 22-28. Watch recording and download slides.
- DOE Topics Webinar 2 – Get insight into the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) topics 10-21. EERE includes the Solar Energy Technologies Office, Water Power Technologies Office, and others. Watch recording and download slides.
- DOE Topics Webinar 3 – Hear from Topic Managers for insight into the Fusion Energy Sciences (FES), High Energy Physics (HEP), and Nuclear Energy (NE) topics 29-41. Watch recording and download slides.
Power Connector Webinars
- Gearing up for SBIR: A Prep Session for First-Time SBIR Applicants – CEBN hosted office hours on how to make the most of available resources, the timeline of the application, and steps you can take now to start a successful application. Watch the recording.
- Justice40 and SBIR: Resources for Underrepresented Founders – CEBN hosted office hours focused on the connection between SBIR and Justice40, resources available for first-time applicants and underrepresented founders, and other opportunities for funding. Watch the recording.
Learn more about the Department of Energy’s current SBIR/STTR solicitation.
Water Power Technologies Office SBIR/STTR
Solar Energy Technologies Office SBIR/STTR